SLC-500 SQO info wont go through mask

So it looks like each bed regen is four steps:
  • Steps 1 and 5: ~90min of Steam
  • Steps 2 and 6: ~20min of Purge
  • Steps 3 and 7: ~40min of Cooling
  • Steps 4 and 8:
    • EITHER ~4h (1440min) of "Idle," which overlaps with Purge and Cooling, as the 4h starts when the last Steam step ends,
    • OR "Idle" until the other (adsorbing) bed effluent PPM measurements exceed some level for a couple of minutes
Is that correct?

Adsorb COUNTER is set 24 hours (1440 minutes). Adsorb counter starts counting at the beginning of steaming on either bed and runs concurrently with steam, purge, & cooling counters. Once cooling is complete (and you are in idle) the bed continues to adsorb until either the adsorb counter counts to 1440 OR Excess PPM switches the bed depending on the "Timed/Monitor" selector switch in the step advance rung.

In this program I gave the customer the option of using the 24 hour adsorb counter or switching manually as he has no PPM monitor. Switch is labeled Timed/Manual in logic.

I spent the last 2 days in CT trying to get the program to sequence so I could debug the physical machine and see if there were any program errors. Never got that far so there might still be a bug or two that doesn't make sense.

Adsorb COUNTER is set 24 hours (1440 minutes). Adsorb counter starts counting at the beginning of steaming on either bed and runs concurrently with steam, purge, & cooling counters. Once cooling is complete (and you are in idle) the bed continues to adsorb until either the adsorb counter counts to 1440 OR Excess PPM switches the bed depending on the "Timed/Monitor" selector switch in the step advance rung.
yes, 24h, of course.

That was bad mental math on my part.

RSLogic 500 (or at least the version I have) won't let me print to a PDF. I printed and copied to PDF but this site says it's too large to attach. I did attach a zip file of the program.

RSLogic 500 (or at least the version I have) won't let me print to a PDF. I printed and copied to PDF but this site says it's too large to attach. I did attach a zip file of the program.
On that Report Options dialog menu, click Deselect All, then check the Program Files and Data Files boxes, then click Print; that should make for a smaller PDF file.

There must be something messed up in the program somewhere.

I did get my little test program to cycle the sequencer and turn on the outputs once I put in the 0 1 2 4 8 16.......

I will copy and paste and see if I can't get the entire program to work without conflict.

I'll do it now and advise in a few hours.

Thank you.

Michael

Attachments

• Test works.png
    Test works.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Data File N7:0 must have 9 elements in it; click on the [Properties] button in the [Data File N7] window and change the [Elements] text box to at least 9.
    • Then set the bits of N7:1 through N7:8 the way I showed earlier.
  • Change the SQO Positionparameter to 0 in the offline program.
    • The SQO only writes the N7:[step] bits to B3:1 when the input rung is True.
    • It looks like the current program initializes the step to 1 (Position is 1),
    • so there is nothing to kick off the initial copy from N7:1 to B3:1,
    • so all the bits in B3:1 remain at 0,
    • so none of the counters increment, and nothing triggers the SQO,
    • i.e. chicken and egg
    • Once you do that, you will only need to press the Step Adv. Push Button I:1/1 to kick things off.

Rung 0033 is probably in error, because it is a "duplicate destructive output" (OTE i.e. coil) writing to O:3/9, which duplicate the OTE on Rung 0026. If it is a mistake, then note that it is present in the paper copy as well as in the current program.

If I am right in guessing that output O:3/9 is an indicator light, so it is not an procedural error, but it could mislead the operators.