SLC-500 SQO info wont go through mask

All bits in N7:1 -> N7:8 are zero
You have to instialize each bit to 1 based on the sequence you want.
To make it easy change the radix to binary

In rung 13 and 14 one of those contacts should be on at any one time.

This is driving me nuts. I need to step away.

Just go the data table and set the bit you want to 1
For ex. If you want in sequence 1 (N7:1) , the bit B3:1/0 to turn On , then set bit N7:1/0 to 1

I've used this program before many times however I lost my old laptop to age and had to enter the program manually from scratch. I recall having this same issue many years ago when I srted programming and I cant remember the fix.

Thanks,

Michael
I am starting to understand now. You don't have the program, and you cannot go online with the PLC that has the program to upload the program from the PLC.

Is that correct?

This program is ... interesting. It seems to be the controller for some kind of swing adsorption unit.

You need to determine what the state of every one of the 16 bits of B3:1 should be at each step, and put those bits' values into N7:0 for step 0, N7:1 for step 1, etc.

Unfortunately, that also includes bits B3:1/8 through B3:1/15, because if this was a working program, then the SQO instruction also writes to those bits whenever its input rung is true, which suggests that the values of bits N7:0/10, N7:1/10, ..., N7:7/10 should probably (but not necessarily) all be 0, and it is possible that all other bits /8 through /15 of N7:0 thorugh N7:7 should also all be 0.

I am starting to understand now. You don't have the program, and you cannot go online with the PLC that has the program to upload the program from the PLC.

Is that correct?

This program is ... interesting. It seems to be the controller for some kind of swing adsorption unit.

You need to determine what the state of every one of the 16 bits of B3:1 should be at each step, and put those bits' values into N7:0 for step 0, N7:1 for step 1, etc.

Unfortunately, that also includes bits B3:1/8 through B3:1/15, because if this was a working program, then the SQO instruction also writes to those bits whenever its input rung is true, which suggests that the values of bits N7:0/10, N7:1/10, ..., N7:7/10 should probably (but not necessarily) all be 0, and it is possible that all other bits /8 through /15 of N7:0 thorugh N7:7 should also all be 0.

Is that correct?

Yes it is for a 2-bed carbon adsorption unit.

I have the PLC sitting in front of me running (the master 1 min timer is counting) and I'm viewing it on my laptop.

Software is running fine as is RSLinx.

I will try what you have proposed above.

Thank you.

Michael

Yes it is for a 2-bed carbon adsorption unit.

I have the PLC sitting in front of me running (the master 1 min timer is counting) and I'm viewing it on my laptop.

Software is running fine as is RSLinx.

I will try what you have proposed above.

Thank you.

Michael
I have no

I clicked on Bit N7:1/0 and turned it to 1. See Screenshot A

But B3:1/0 does not turn on.. See Screen shot B.

I don't get it. This program should in step 1 Steam #2, then purge #2, Cool #2, Idle #2, then steam #1, purge #1, cool #1, idle #1 then repreat.

I lost the Windows 7 computer I used for all my programming and software. Got my software reauthorized from AB (what a pain) and loaded it on my Windows 11 laptop. Trouble was I had no electronic copies of old working programs (which are all about 99 the same). I found a paper copy and entered it by hand and just cant get it to sequence property. Lost 2 days trying to figure this out.

I must have entered something wrong.

Really appreciate the help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-16 A.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 A.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2024-03-16 B.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 B.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 5
I clicked on Bit N7:1/0 and turned it to 1. See Screenshot A

But B3:1/0 does not turn on.. See Screen shot B.

I don't get it. This program should in step 1 Steam #2, then purge #2, Cool #2, Idle #2, then steam #1, purge #1, cool #1, idle #1 then repreat.

I lost the Windows 7 computer I used for all my programming and software. Got my software reauthorized from AB (what a pain) and loaded it on my Windows 11 laptop. Trouble was I had no electronic copies of old working programs (which are all about 99 the same). I found a paper copy and entered it by hand and just cant get it to sequence property. Lost 2 days trying to figure this out.

Really appreciate the help.
I could email you the program if that would help.

I wrote this small program and simply used the 1 miniute master timer (set to 1 sec) to advance the sequencer and it works. I must have something odd buried in the program. I guess i could use this for a basis and enter it all again.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-16 C.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 C.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 2
If you have non-zero values in N7:1 through N7:8, and you are sure those values are what were in the previous version of the program, and the previous version of the program worked, then yes, you probably have a typo in there somewhere that is keeping the program from working as it should.

Can you "print," and post to this thread, a PDF of the program from RSLogix 500(?) as you have entered it (not the PDF you supplied earlier, which is a PDF of images of a paper copy of the program)? Make sure you include data files and program files.

Last edited:
Are only one of bits B3:1/0 through B3:1/7 supposed to be 1, and all other bits 0, at each of the eight steps?

P.S. I think I was wrong to put the red X through N7:8; it is used.

Yes only 1 bit ie supposed to be on in each step.

I will try to "zip" program.

Attachments

• SLC500 Prog.pdf
    305.8 KB · Views: 5