SLC-500 SQO info wont go through mask

mikefasci

I have a program that I've used 100 times.

SQO settings: File N7:0, Mask 0FFFFh, Dest B3:1, Control R6:0, Length 8, Pos 2.

Length & Position show up when I look at R:6 but nothis comes out on B3:1.

I remember having to do something to 'initialize the sequencer the first time.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Michael

Remember that a sequencer with a length of two actually uses three words at the destination. Position 0 is a startup position. The instruction will cycle through position 1 (B3:2) and position 2 (B3:3) then reset back to position 1. So B3:1 would only be affected during the startup.

OG

Remember that a sequencer with a length of two actually uses three words at the destination. Position 0 is a startup position. The instruction will cycle through position 1 (B3:2) and position 2 (B3:3) then reset back to position 1. So B3:1 would only be affected during the startup.

No matter what position I force the SQO to in the ladder logic, nothing comes out of B3 at all.

I don't do this very often and the programs were written years ago.

I do remember I has the same sort of problem years ago and I had to enter something like 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 somewhere. I have an 8 step sequencer.

Thanks for the reply. Sitting in a dark factory in CT trying to figure this out.

OG

N7:1-8 will require some data other than 0 to send to B3:1. Because N7 has the #N7 it uses the S:24 index register in the background to effectively indirect address N7:1-8 and send them to B3:1 based on the position. Also this instruction only sends the data on a False to True transition.
To start from the beginning you have to do a RES of the control word R6:0 and then scan the SQO true to move to the first step.

This is a silly little program I'm working on.

Been a while since I screwed with this software at such a granular level.

If I sent you the program could you take a look?

Let me try tonite to mess around with it in MA. I took the SLC rack out and am bringing it home.

If I can't get it could I send you the program? I'd pay you to get me off the ground. I know it's a silly little fix but I'm kinda lost here.

Like I said, I remember having the same issue about 10 years ago but I cant remember exactly how I kicked the sequencer in the ass to get it moving.

Thank you.

Michael

I remember having to do something to 'initialize the sequencer the first time.
Print your program to a PDF file, landscape mode, if you want someone to look at it.

According to this, it is possible to reset the SQO Control Structure (R6:0) using the RESet instruction (RES R6:0); maybe that is what you are thinking of to 'initialize' the sequence. There is also a description in that manual of what the SQO does on the first scan after entering RUN mode.

Print your program to a PDF file, landscape mode, if you want someone to look at it.

According to this, it is possible to reset the SQO Control Structure (R6:0) using the RESet instruction (RES R6:0); maybe that is what you are thinking of to 'initialize' the sequence. There is also a description in that manual of what the SQO does on the first scan after entering RUN mode.
Still having issues. Program attached.

Thank you.

Michael

Attachments

• SLC500 Prog.pdf
    305.8 KB · Views: 4
I think @tarik1978 hit the nail on the head:

The SQO mask if 0fffh, so the SQO instruction writes 16-bits to the 16-bit word B3:1.

However, in that code I counted 7 OTEs (coilse) that write to 7 bits in B3:1 on every scan cycle.

If the SQO Dest parameter was #B3:1 instead of B3:1 (without the leading #) then perhaps that instruction make make sense as configured.

Summat is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Thank you for your reply. If I advance the sequencer by forcing the accumulated value of T4:1 to 500 the equencer advances as it is supposed to.

However, at each step of the 8-step sequencer I expect B3:1/0 through B3:1/7 to actuate sequentially. None of them ever turns on.

I've used this program before many times however I lost my old laptop to age and had to enter the program manually from scratch. I recall having this same issue many years ago when I srted programming and I cant remember the fix.

Thanks,

Michael

Attachments

• SLC500 Prog.pdf
    305.8 KB · Views: 2