Cycle starts with Start button
I know this is a simple sequence but it will ilustrate the priciple
I have sussed out how to enter the addresses and bit patterns for the
file
mask
Dest
Control
etc

What is confusing me is how to pulse the rung on automatically each time when the step is completed
Cheers Les

With the SQC and SQO, you do not need to pulse the rung on. You only need to place them in parallel on an rung with no input condition.

The SQC will move the control pointer once all the conditions are met and the SQO will move the proper control word to the destination.

I love sequencers!

David

Les, for short sequences I usually abandon the SQC instruction and condition the rung for each step.

sqo092aa.GIF

I suggest you try something like this and then see how the SQO instruction works. The file N7:20 for this example will look like this

As each step completes, the sequencer will then increment and change the value at N7:0. Once you have the hang of it, then the SQC/SQI pairing will be a cinch.

Another thing you might try is to build a sequencer from scratch using the MVM instruction and indirect addressing - if you can do that, then you have got sequencers down solid.