SLC-500 SQO info wont go through mask

FYI, there is a lot of unnecessary complication in the logic of this program as written, which makes it harder to diagnose when problems occur (e.g. a failed sensor).

E.g. the nine rungs related to the four RTO timers could be replaced by three rungs with three TON timers that would, IMNSHO, be much easier to understand.

Also, the alarming logic could benefit from using canonical alarm patterns (cf. here).

Thank you for all your help.

As you can see in one of my earliest posts (yesterday @ 4:32) I knew I had to enter something somewhere regarding 1,2,4,8,16.... but I couldn't remember where.

Now that it is working again I can debug, simplify, and go back to CT on Monday and finally test the machine.

I don't know what to say. You stuck with me. You have the patience of a god.

Now I can stop banging my head against the wall.

How can I ever repay you?

Michael

I would be remiss if I did not point out that the SQO can write more bits per transition than just one of the primary 8 ([Steam, Purge, Cool, Idle] for #1 and #2 beds) each time its input rung becomes True. For example, you have Rungs 0013 and 0014 that write a value of 1 to #2 Adsorb B3:1/8 or #1 Adsorb B3:1/9 bit when any regen bit (Steam, Purge, Cool, Idle) of the other unit has a value of 1: you could eliminate those rungs by putting a value of 1 in bit 8 of words N7:1 through N7:4 (#2 in regen) and in bit 9 of words N7:5 through N7:8. The same approach could eliminate Rungs 0015 (Any Steam), 0016 (Any Purge), 0017 (Any Cool), and 0019 (Any Idle), although it would require re-assigning the Any ... bits to be in B3:1 instead in B3:2, which would require shifting other bits out of B3:1, which in turn is fine because most of those don't belong in B3:1 in the first place e.g. B3:1/10 the Step Advance for the SQO.

All in all, of the two dozen+ rungs that execute the logic (do not write output channel memory), nearly half could be eliminated, and the program might be clearer and easier to understand.

Also, I suggest you add comments to the rungs; you could even have the comment for the SQO rung detail the size, and values for, the N7 Data File.

Anyway, it's been a fun exercise. Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forum!

As you can see in one of my earliest posts (yesterday @ 4:32) I knew I had to enter something somewhere regarding 1,2,4,8,16.... but I couldn't remember where.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you'll notice that the next post from @JaxGTO 17 minutes later (see here) suggested that there needed to be values in N7:1 through N7:8.