Gsd vs dd vs dtm

GSD files contain information about the basic data such as the communications options and the available diagnostics of a Profibus device.

DTM files provides a unified structure for accessing HART device parameters, configuring and operating the devices, and diagnosing problems.

DTM files provides a unified structure for accessing HART device parameters, configuring and operating the devices, and diagnosing problems.

DTM applies to not just HART but all fieldbuses. Schneider have adopted this as their standard for setting up and defining devices within the control systems. FDT (a DTM browser) is included in UnityPro and is used to setup various devices (some plc modules on the backplane, drives on ethernet, process control devices on profibus or ethernet.