You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 19th, 2015, 10:19 AM   #1
ddsiller
United States

Question PLC5 Powerflex 700

HI there,

I am a beginner with PLCs.
I have a PLC5/40 Allen Bradley with 1771 IAD & OAD (Output and Input Modules in the same Chasis) and a PowerFlex 700 AC drive. I am using RSlogix 5 with DH+ to USB connection. I have already setup the PLC with mi PC and is working fine. I made a simple program to send an input signal to open the output signal. The issue is that I wired the physical Outputs to the PowerFlex 700 and I can't start the drive trough my PLC. A fault occurs "Stop asserted" which clears when I toggle the stop input from my PLC activating the Stop signal of my drive . I can start the drive trough the HIM and stop it from my PLC but I cant start the Powerflex 700 from my PLC
Old November 19th, 2015, 01:54 PM   #2
jraef
United States

Read the manual of the VFD. You must TELL the VFD (in its programming) where the Start/Run command is coming from. In this case, it appears it is still set to respond to the HIM as the source for a Start/Run command. The source for a Stop command is separate, and the default condition is to accept ALL Stop commands, regardless of what the Start/Run command is set for. That explains why you can still Stop it from the PLC even though you can't Start it from there (yet).
Old November 19th, 2015, 02:06 PM   #3
ddsiller
United States

I solved the problem. It was a Mask parameter 276. "Digital in" didnt had permission to Star the Drive. I changed the bit from 0 to 1 and it solved the problem.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum