1100 baud rate dynamic change

well, sir ... there's my "learn something new" for today ...

?

You never used one of those before ron? At my last company we had a OEM that used to load one and velco it in the panel of all new machines when delivered in addition to a CD with all the documents on it. Came in handy a few time with maint techs being able to reload a program when they had to change a micrologix plc.

Most of those machines used the brick style micrologix and it was rare to have a spare unused output so when a output was damaged from any means you had to change out the whole brick plc and we used those for the guys that could not use logix to get it back going.

They seem a little more pricey now than i remember though.

Channel Config

You can configure the baud rate in the channel config. You will have to make the change and download it to the PLC. It will warn you that the config is different do you want to proceed. Attached is an example

channel config.jpg

Anealysr - the original poster wants to do a baud rate change internally in the PLC using the ladder program, not using the programming software. It's proving to be an interesting subject.

OK I am going to try to setup a test tonight after my wife and kids go to bed. I can't get this out of my head.

If changing the baud works via LL can you imagine the guy that finds this in his plant 10 years from now. It is an 232 ASCII to PCCC bridge. SO we all know how ugly ASCII is in LL. Then think about the Serial port running through the relay contacts triggered off the PLC itself. By then the customer will have lost all the prints and program documentation for this system and everyone associated with this system will have retired or moved on to something else. That guy or gal will either spend days looking at this and breaking it down or say leave it alone it works.

I will respond once I get some test data.