12Vdc Power Regulation

Sparky

Hey guys, I am currently putting together a small automated system that controls a 12Vdc valve and 12Vdc motor. The whole system runs off of a 12Vdc battery (basically a car battery) that is charged via a 40W solar panel.
Here are my components:
Micro810
Panelview 300C
12Vdc ball valve (33W max draw)
12Vdc mixer (26W max draw)
12Vdc battery 600mha
40W solar panel
Battery charger/regulator

So here is my question: What kind of voltage/current regulator would you recommend using for the supply power to the Panelview and PLC. The ball valve and mixer are both rated to run directly from the battery. For obvious reasons I do not want to run the power directly from the battery to the PLC and Panelview. Thanks for your suggestions.

The battery is way too small for this. a car battery is over 25 Ah.
but yes no problem to just connect it all to battery, the PLC could use a separate battery, however not really needed, and yes for the electronic things you can use a DC/DC like Bob says.

error on my listing

Micro810
Panelview 300C
12Vdc ball valve (33W max draw)
12Vdc mixer (26W max draw)
12Vdc battery 60Ah (60 AMP hours)
40W solar panel
Battery charger/regulator

and the valve and motor only operates for 2 min each once every 2-4 days. The PLC and HMI are the only constant power items.
PLC 25W power and the HMI 5W power consumption

So Yes I agree that the solar panel is not as big as it should be. It was selected by my customer and I had not done any evaluations on it's power producing capabilities. I will pass this info on to him and see about going up to a 90-120W solar panel, or two of the 40W panels. Just that saved me a major startup headache!!! not to mention my customer some $$$ thanks guys.

To keep the power down i would just switch the PLC off with a cheap timer, You can use a wall thermostat running on a 9 volt battery for over a year. and use this internal clock to switch on your PLC (however i would still go for a arduino it is cheaper and takes less power.
so now some small calcs.
2 min drawing lets say 5 amps. =5*0.03 =0.15 so 60/0.15= 400 times so every 2 days meaning on this battery alone it will run for 2 years.
The HMI is only needed when you are viewing so a simple pushbutton will help here. btw i still think it is overkill.
a simple double timer will do the trick too, costing about 25 euro total.