1336 Force Sped Parameters

The Plc Kid

Working on a old 1336 force drive today and need to overspeed it a little bit. Looking at parameters 127-130 here http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1336t-um006_-en-p.pdf on PDF page 175 I have fwd and rev speed limts which in the drive are set to 2700 rpm on the fwd and 0.0 on the rev.

Then i have Max fwd and rev spd trim which is set to rev speed limit -1750 and Fwd 1750.

From the description of the parameters in the manual they appear to do the same thing which is limit speed but spd trim is after the trim has been added. Which parameter trumps the other. I am doing no trimming so is my max output speed going to be 1750 or 2700 if 1750 then what is the purpose of parm 127 ad 128?

Please Help.

From the description of the parameters in the manual they appear to do the same thing
Parameters 127 & 128 are the ones that are supposed to set the max and min speed limits of the motor. The others you mentioned are the min and max "velocity reference" which is the calculated motor speed feedback, I think.

Also, from memory of the old 1336, if you want to increse the motor speed beyond normal (which will also increse the required Maximum Frequency), you might have to change the max Frequency setting parameters (Parameters 229 and 232).

Check parameters 90 and 95 also. When you try to fool the designers, things can get complicated.

Last edited: