1336 plus 100 hp drive problem

Leadfoot said:
Some on poormouthed ABB based on a sales rep. Please do not punish the drive for the sins of the sales slut. IMO ABB are one of the better ones out there.

I admit it was me !! as i said it was sour grapes..The plant was 100% AB then we lost 3 or 4 drives after power outages the plant engineer was not happy..(after seeing my bill for a call in at 2.00am to replace a drive you wouldnt be happy !!! :) ) at that time the sales rep for ABB was sniffing around so the "Boss" said hell lets try it..I agreed..ABB has a good name and a good product..so a couple of days later one of my guys removed a 1336 drive to put in stock ..(As spare parts) and installed the new one..he called me about an hour after he started..he had removed the old AB drive..installed the new ABB drive and then started to terminate..He called and said one one terminals looked burnt (like it had been run with a loose connection)..I asked if he deemed it ok or should we pack it up and send it back..He said it didnt look that bad so we tryed to hook it up... We couldnt even tighten the lug, i then went to the "Boss" and told him what we found..he called the rep...the rep picked up the drive and called back 2 days later and told the "boss" we burnt the lug..according to the logs there was 30 odd hours on the drive after it left factory..so if the lug was burnt it must have been us who burnt it..didnt make a damn bit of difference that we only had the drive for 24 hours befor we returned it and of 22 hours of that it was just sitting there..

The ABB rep then told the "Boss" that his contractors (ME) had screwed up and dint know what they were doing..Hell i have screwed up and done it big but if i screw up i admit it..buti didnt burn any terminals on the drive so i dug in..so did the rep..it took about 4 months and finaly the regional manager said give them a new drive..i told him to keep the drive and shove it somewhere..the machine is now running on a power flec 70 and no issues yet./...

d