fault 64 on 1336 plus

Benyamin

Dear All,
I have an Allen Bradley 1336 Plus for an induction motor rated three phase, 30kw, 480volts.
When I started the drive, the speed just about 1.5 Hz, one minute later, fault 64 came up. I measured the motor current just 12amps.
This is the drive that I got from somewhere and never be used in our company, maybe there are some parameters have to be changed. Any help will be appreciated.

Benyamin

Dear All,
I have an Allen Bradley 1336 Plus for an induction motor rated three phase, 30kw, 480volts.
When I started the drive, the speed just about 1.5 Hz, one minute later, fault 64 came up. I measured the motor current just 12amps.
This is the drive that I got from somewhere and never be used in our company, maybe there are some parameters have to be changed. Any help will be appreciated.

Benyamin
Fault 64 on a 1336 Plus means the load connected to the drive was trying to pull more than 150% of the drive rating after the amount of time the drive is rated to be able to deliver it, usually 60 seconds depending on how the drive was selected. So if you were only running at 1.5Hz and it was tripping on 150% of rated current, you either have a VERY serious problem with your drive programming, the drive internal components, or your load. If it was the load or poor programming, usually you get a Stall fault (06) before an Over Current fault 64, because Stall means it was in Current Limit during accel for more than 4 seconds, and to get the Over Current fault 64, it takes 60 seconds. So if I had to guess, you have a defective drive and the current is basically going there immediately, holds for 60 seconds and trips.

Word to the wise:
1336 drives were made totally obsolete last year
, meaning they are no longer supported even for spare parts or repairs etc. There has been a decade long program from AB to get people to upgrade in which they were offered incentives to do so, but those have ended now too. The stragglers who held on too long are now finding out that they can no longer get parts and are forced into replacing them, so they try to dump off old ones on FleaBay or to unsuspecting users for dirt cheap (often even free so that they avoid disposal fees for electronics). They are all basically not worth the price paid for them, no matter how cheap.

Last edited:
Word to the wise:
1336 drives were made totally obsolete last year, meaning they are no longer supported even for spare parts or repairs etc. There has been a decade long program from AB to get people to upgrade in which they were offered incentives to do so, but those have ended now too. The stragglers who held on too long are now finding out that they can no longer get parts and are forced into replacing them, so they try to dump off old ones on FleaBay or to unsuspecting users for dirt cheap (often even free so that they avoid disposal fees for electronics). They are all basically not worth the price paid for them, no matter how cheap.

I'm SO glad you posted this as I hadn't heard this. We have 24 of them running 6 large milking carousels at 3 dairies we do work for. We might have one go bad every year or two and have been sending them in for rebuild as we go. I'm going to point this out to the customers that this option is no longer available. It looks like it's time for a swapover in the near future. A master drive with 3 slave drives per carousel is not something I want to try and retrofit on a late night service call.

Thanks again for the heads up Jraef.

Fault 64 on a 1336 Plus means the load connected to the drive was trying to pull more than 150% of the drive rating after the amount of time the drive is rated to be able to deliver it, usually 60 seconds depending on how the drive was selected. So if you were only running at 1.5Hz and it was tripping on 150% of rated current, you either have a VERY serious problem with your drive programming, the drive internal components, or your load. If it was the load or poor programming, usually you get a Stall fault (06) before an Over Current fault 64, because Stall means it was in Current Limit during accel for more than 4 seconds, and to get the Over Current fault 64, it takes 60 seconds. So if I had to guess, you have a defective drive and the current is basically going there immediately, holds for 60 seconds and trips.

Word to the wise:
1336 drives were made totally obsolete last year
, meaning they are no longer supported even for spare parts or repairs etc. There has been a decade long program from AB to get people to upgrade in which they were offered incentives to do so, but those have ended now too. The stragglers who held on too long are now finding out that they can no longer get parts and are forced into replacing them, so they try to dump off old ones on FleaBay or to unsuspecting users for dirt cheap (often even free so that they avoid disposal fees for electronics). They are all basically not worth the price paid for them, no matter how cheap.

Thanks for the response

Word to the wise:
1336 drives were made totally obsolete last year, meaning they are no longer supported even for spare parts or repairs etc. There has been a decade long program from AB to get people to upgrade in which they were offered incentives to do so, but those have ended now too. The stragglers who held on too long are now finding out that they can no longer get parts and are forced into replacing them, so they try to dump off old ones on FleaBay or to unsuspecting users for dirt cheap (often even free so that they avoid disposal fees for electronics). They are all basically not worth the price paid for them, no matter how cheap.

I forgot to post an update, I contacted our AB distributor and gave him the part number of the 1336 drives our customers are using and he told me these are still repairable. So it seems they still rebuild some of them.

I forgot to post an update, I contacted our AB distributor and gave him the part number of the 1336 drives our customers are using and he told me these are still repairable. So it seems they still rebuild some of them.
Some parts are still available, but many of the components are no longer made by the original mfrs, such as the transistors, ICs etc. So the ability to repair is subject to what parts are still available to do it, meaning it is hit and miss.

Dear All,
I appreciated for all responses, my 1336 plus has been sent to local Allen Bradley office for repairing.

Best regards,
Benyamin