1336 Plus drive HP question

Tovan

I currently have a 10HP 1336S plus drive. I want to use a 15HP plus drive in its place, no other changes. Which parameters will I need to adjust to get teh higher HP to work on the same motor?
Thank You

Using a 15hp drive on a 10hp motor is no big deal as long as you have put the accurate motor data into the drive software. Do not depend on the default values to protect your motor.

You also should scan thru the software looking for any parameters that are expressed as percent. Watch out particularly for parameters that are "percent of drive rated amps". Those you will have to recalculate based on the higher drive output amps. Current limit is one parameter that is often set up that way.

In my 1336 PlusII manual, the parameter number "191 Motor NP Amps" should be set to the motor nameplate FLA. Depending on the SF of the motor, you may also need to set parameter 36 Overload Amps. With a service factor of 1.0, set it to 90% motor nameplate FLA, and for a SF of 1.15, set it to the full FLA. Both of those parameters will default to the drive rating and would be too high to adequately protect the smaller HP motor unless you edit them.

There are variations among the different 1336 models' parameter numbers and associated text, but they should be very similar to that.

Of course, you will want to go through all the basic setup variables to ensure that they match the old drive. Most important will be the Input Mode, accel, decel, stop type.

You might get lucky and be able to copy most of the parameters with a HIM module, but odds are that you will get lots of mismatches with a different HP drive and will have to enter them by hand or with a PC running drive explorer or similar software.

Paul

Thank You

The motor is actually 7.5 horse. I went through and updated the amperage parameters and even on another 7.5 HP motor I am using a 20HP drive. I just copied the parameters from this drive over to the 15HP drive. I just need to keep in mind which firmware revisions I have on the floor. Most are 3.03, but the 2 I am looking at 4.03, big differences in the amount of parameters between the 2. I was good by the morning but appreciate the comments, you all are very helpful and will keep your thoughts in mind for when this happens again.
Thank You all again!
Randy

No, just upping the drive size. Want to get all of my drives a common size eventually, just so I can swap them out easily. It might be a pipe dream though with this economy the way it is.

Tovan, unless you have a good source of surplus Allen-Bradley drives, the 1336 would not be a good drive to standardize on since it is out of production, being replaced by the Powerflex Series.

You might want to rethink this.