1336 VFD on ControlNet SLC500

Thanks for those details !

Even though there is no Fault state or code indicated on the HIM when you examine the 1336 Plus II drive, it's possible that it faulted and was subsequently reset before you got to it. It is common for PLC programs to auto-reset drive faults when they are detected.

I recommend checking the Fault Queue just to see what the last four faults were. Unfortunately I don't think the 1336 Plus II had a timestamp feature for the fault log (at least via the HIM).

You can also write some trap or latch logic in the SLC-5/04 to determine if the controller is losing its network connection to the drive. I'd have to examine your RSNetworx file to be certain, but I think you'll find connection status bits in the M1:s.600/xx data table file (where s = slot number of the 1747-SCNR).

I refreshed my recollections and I think that the 1203-CN1 fault mode configuration has to be done via DriveTools or Drive Executive, or by using the HIM module to access the 1203-CN1. It's not part of the drive configuration in RSNetworx for ControlNet.

If the 1203-CN1 is not configured to fault the drive when there is a communications loss, and there are no F10 faults in the fault queue, then it's likely that the problem is not the ControlNet.

It could be a hardwired jumper on the STOP digital input, or a PLC program bug, or somebody walking up to the drive and pressing the red button on the HIM.

1203CN1_Fault_Config.PNG