1715-IF16's 0x23 CommandStatus' meaning not documented

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello:
One customer has an application using 1715-IF16 on EtherNet/IP for the Rockwell side and HART master for the sensor. Everything is OK and fine on the Rockwell side, and the HART data can be received in LogixDesigner, status and everything looks fine.
But the customer is using a third-party EtherNet/IP client tool which uses explicit messaging to get the HART process data and pass to a different, non-Rockwell system. The class is 0x035D and the service is 0x5E, both of which seem to be proprietary and not defined in the CIP specification as far as know (I could be wrong about this). The problem my customer has is that if the "SIL2 Safety" option is not enabled, the 1715-IF16 provides the HART data as expected, with CommandStatus = 0x00. But when this option is enabled (and the particular application "requires" such option), then 1715-IF16 will return CommandStatus = 0x23 and all process data set to zero. The Rockwell document (linked below) only shows "some" (and very few) CommandStatus values, in which 0x23 is not included. Any ideas what this CommandStatus mean? I hope the screenshot below is helpful to clarify my explanation, and if you can help me crack this problem you will cause the happiness and elation of an important number of fellow human beings and slightly reduce the aggregated grief in the universe.

https://literature.rockwellautomati...re/documents/um/1715-um001_-en-p.pdf#page=144

2022-06-23_DiscussionPLCNets.png