1719 AENTR

SaurabhSingh

We had recently upgraded Rockwell control system from ControlNet to Ethernet (1719-AENTR). and in last couple of months 2 different AENTR devices were freezed (like not detecting in PLC configurations, even clicking of display but no response), so we have to recycle the power in order to make it works.
is there any possibility that after upgrading the firmware the device will be fine and the issue will not come again.?
or is there any other possibilities to be check.?

I have installed probably 80 or 100 of those 1719. The only time I've ever had an issue is with duplicate IP addresses. They have all been rock solid for us. Is there a chance that you could have had a duplicate address? I've done it by accident

I have installed probably 80 or 100 of those 1719. The only time I've ever had an issue is with duplicate IP addresses. They have all been rock solid for us. Is there a chance that you could have had a duplicate address? I've done it by accident
No, IP address are not duplicated anywhere in plant, even we had installed earlier more than 30 and this year also we have installed 30 numbers, we are only facing the issues with recently installed 1719 AENTR.
And that is also it came only twice in last 4 months to two different 1719 AENTR, if IP duplication issues will be there in that case it should happen very often.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Make sure your connections are set to Auto-Negotiate. If they're set to half-duplex and something is trying to communicate full-duplex it will stop communicating all together. Can you check the communication page of the processors accessing the AENTRs? They should flag any comm errors. In my case it was an older L35E and it was getting lots of packet collisions and dropped packets.