Is it possible to add 1734-AENTR and its input, output card while CPU is in RUN?

sinanmoral

Hello

The plant is running and there is no shutdown nowadays therefore I can add 1734- AENTR and its card while PLC is in Run?

I do not wanna trip the the plant:)

Thank you in advance

So not sure I understand... the 1734 is a stand alone so do you mean your just plugging it into the network? If yes then it not an issue as long it does not have the same address as another device on the network

I would like to add 1734 AENTR when I am online with CPU and CPU is in run.

No offline editing and then no dowland the CPU. Card adding will be online when Cpu is run...

Sorry for my bad english, hope everyhing will be clear:)

Online / Runtime addition of 1734-AENTR and I/O to a Logix Controller is not possible.

Details on what I/O and Controllers are compatible for Online / Runtime addition can be found in manual:
Logix5000 Controllers Design Considerations Reference Manual Publication 1756-RM094,
Chapter 9 - Communicate with I/O, Topic Runtime/Online addition of Modules

Maybe you could add it online as a generic module. That wouldn't be ideal permanently, but it would get it operational. That would take some additional code and good housekeeping to map the data points. I would want to do that on a test system first to make sure all the data is properly mapped. At the next opportunity, add it properly to the tree and clean out the temporary mapping. See
1734-UM016

Hello

The plant is running and there is no shutdown nowadays therefore I can add 1734- AENTR and its card while PLC is in Run?

I do not wanna trip the the plant:)

Thank you in advance
Yes, but don't make a mistake. You get one shot adding hardware live, assuming it's control Logix platform.