Red Lion CR3000, Remote reboot possible?

TopperAce

Hello All,
I need the ability to remotely reboot a Red Lion CR3000 HMI. Due to some graphics issues when the database is updated the HMI must be rebooted to display properly. This is fine when a local operator is standing by but a pain in the ass when this is done remotely. So the ability to reboot this device, say middle of the night when these updates are normally done would be a great addition. Any ideas on how this could be accomplished?

I think the CR3000s have the full Redlion scripting language available.
If so have a look in the Scripting language reference guide:
Look for CommitAndReset on page 41, it does what you are asking. I trigger it from a screen button that only shows when I use my log in, or I could use a script triggered by a PLC tag.
Thanks Bryan, I'm going to try that out.

That worked!!!! I placed a button on a restricted admin page that only I can access. Thanks so much for you help.