1756-EWEB Delete Socket Error

minju

Extended Error Code : 16#0000_0204

"Error Processing connection related service"

After Deletesocket or DeleteAllSocket, this error always shows up.

Please tell my what that mean....PLEASE~

here is my program...

here is my program...

Thank you very very much...

Briefly, I use 2 servers, 2 clients.

Servers are only for reading, Clients are only for writing.

Servers and clients are PC with VC++.

I briefly went over socket program:

I don't see a single rung comment - how do you expect people to understand it?
You may remember and understand it now, but you will not remember it in two years.

- Rung 28 - you can't cascade messages like this, at least wait until one done before triggering the next one.
- Rung 29 - you are executing Delete All after you deleted indifidula sockets - Why? you do individual or All, but not both
- Rung 28 and rung 33 use the same message control - this is illegal, same for other 3 delete messages.

I see some message control words used 3 times (HMIR_DELETE_SOCKETMSG), so it makes no sence to debug the rest 140+ rungs until you corrected simple things - sorry but this is poorly written socket program.

Get sample code from Knowledgebase instead - it will save you time.

Last edited:
new version of my source

Thank you very much for your advice. That helps me alot.

Here is my new version of Ethernet Program.

Still there are rare comments, I'm working on it.

this time it seems to work fine. I mean it is working what I want.

But still I need your opinion.

Using first scan for Delete All will not work:
Controller boots up in 3-5 seconds, EWEB over 40 seconds, sometimes over a minute. You have to wait until connection is established (GSV-EntryStatus) before sending ANY messages including DELETE ALL

Once you fixed this, and it still does not work, then post screen shots:
- Message configuration screen with message error visible (all tabs)
- EWEB properties ONLINE - ALL TABS
- EWEB Socket LOG screen with ALL logs enabled