1756-hyd02

Sorry,
Yes, HYD02 works. We have hooked to two cylinders that drive saw blades one is our Hog cut, and the other is a Cluster set. Only the Hog cut is one giving us the faults. It will fault out with the saw just sitting idle and while we are running boards through the saw, but it seems to be more frequent when it's idle.

Sorry,
Yes, HYD02 works. We have hooked to two cylinders that drive saw blades one is our Hog cut, and the other is a Cluster set. Only the Hog cut is one giving us the faults. It will fault out with the saw just sitting idle and while we are running boards through the saw, but it seems to be more frequent when it's idle.
I would look for glitches in your power supply. That could cause faults in the Temposonics return. So can mechanical or hydraulic shock. Also, the HYD02 retries a few times before it issues a fault, so the glitch needs to be rather severe.

Letting me know errors occurred when just sitting there is a help.

BTW, I wrote a lot of the code for the HYD02 modules over 24 years ago. I also have automated just about every machine in a sawmill, I worked for USNR long ago, till 1985.

What causes the Physical Axis and the Feedback?

If it is the power supply, would we not see it on both channels? I will measure the voltage at the power supply in the morning. What should I be looking for?

Have you tried swapping cables during a down time?
I know it is a pain in the a$$ but there is no magic to this when all we get is an error.

It is possible that some wires that run parallel to the wires of the faulting axis are generating/inducing noise. Sometimes running an extra line out to the faulting axis is a good idea. This kind of backs up what Norm said.

BTW, we are both long time hydaulic control guys.