1756-IF16 Wiring Single Ended

RRoc

If I am using an 1756-IF16 analog input module, single ended do I have to jumper all iRTN and RTN as shown in the wiring diagram. I have a mixture of Loop Powered and Sourced Powered Instrument on my card.

See attached User Manual Wiring. Any sample wiring diagrams would be helpful.

Pic1.jpg

Just as the page says - for each channel that uses a single-ended current input, yes - you have to jumper that channel's iRTN to RTN. Typically, the way I do it is to connect a zero volt to one of the RTN's, and then just connect the iRTN terminals for each relevant channel to zero volts as well.

Similar Topics

Hello everyone! I am having some issues wiring 3 Proportional valves. I am connecting the valve position reference to a 1756-OF8 AB card in a...
Replies
Views
Hello PLCTalk Friends, I am interested in connecting one 2-wire loop powered 4-20mA transmitter to two analog input cards. In my program, I will...
Replies
Views
Hello, I dont have any experience in commissioning AB PLC equipment so If anyone could help me with the following questions it would be great. I...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, If I'm using the module listed above for 16 basic loop powered devices, is there a jumper product that would connect all the RTN...
Replies
Views
I am trying to spec out some PLC modules for an upcoming project. Our vendor suggested we use a 1756-IF16 analog input module for connecting to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom