1756-L85E Kicks HMI and Laptop off network

aricard60

I have a brand new AB 1756-L85E, running version 33, that sporadically bumps the programming laptop and the HMI from communicating with it. After being disconnected we cannot re-establish communication, without a power cycle of the PLC. Pings still work to the PLC, and the node is visible in RSLinx classic and FactoryTalk Linx.

Currently we’re using the Ethernet port on the front of the PLC to communicate on our local network. This local network has 96 nodes, mainly power flex 525s, that do not seem to be effected when this happens….

Anyone experienced something like this before?

Thanks!

When we try to browse to the IP (google chrome, windows edge, and IE) it just says “waiting” and never connects to the PLCs web server.