1768-eweb

markymark31

Hi Guys,

Is anyone able to take a look at the attached and tell me where I am going wrong ?

This is my first go at socket communication so in this test program is a routine called "Mettler_Socket_Comms".

I think I need to ......

Create a Socket
Accept a connetion (to listen to the port)
Read some data when it is sent to me

Whilst online to the processor i can manually trigger each of these steps and using the web page of the EWEB I can monitor what's going on.

The Mettler_CreateSocket seems to work and returns an instance. But I can't get the Mettler_AcceptConnection message to work. It returns an error 70 EWOULDBLOCK "Operation would block" according to the manual but I don't understand the error.

The Mettler_AcceptConnectionTimeout waits for 60 second of inactivity before closing the socket, and if i change SockAcceptTimeout from 100 ms to 60000 ms I can get the socket to show as "Listen" on the web page for 60 seconds before dropping out with the above error. But I can't get the connection to accept and return with an instance.

Until this bit is sorted I can't move on to the READ !

Any help will be appreciated ....

Mark.

Can you enable Webpage Log, run your program until it is faulted and post log here.
Also it would be helpful to post wireshark traces for the same event
There is no way to say what is wrong without logs

Edit:
Actually since you still have only 3 rungs and long way to go, I recommend you to copy code from technote 33672 - this is complete server and you will only need to change a port number

Last edited: