1769-L35E Ethernet

martyndwn

Hi,

I recently tried to change the IP address of my 1769-L35E Series A, since doing this the MS indicator is flashing red and the NS indicator is solid red and the ethernet connection no longer works.

I have tried re-installing the firmware, from v20 to 17 and then 16, these were successful, but I have the same problem.

Can anyone help with this ?

Thank you

That lamp behavior is called "address conflict detection". There is another device in that network that is using the same IP address as the one you have assigned to the 1769-L35E. You have to assign an IP address that no other device connected to this network uses.

Thank You,

As this PLC was connected directly to a laptop, there was no conflict.

In the end, I had to reinstall the firmware to the earliest version possible and the install a later version.
All seems to be ok for now.

Thanks again

Good to read you have a solution. Not sure why you had to reinstall and earlier version of the firmware and then update again.
If you had RSLinx connected via USB you could have changed the IP settings to an address not used by any other host and you would have solved the IP conflict. Sorry for not mentioning this solution in my previous post.

Last edited: