1784 PCIC issue

shkoko2000

dear all,
i have workstation with windows 2000,installed in it 1784-PCIC card.
i want to upgrade system with new PC with windows 7 professional 32-bit.are there a driver for the card at windows 7?
note i will install also rslinx classic ver 2.59..

For a 32-bit (x86) Operating System, RSLinx Classic v2.57 or later must be installed. So your v2.59 will be fine.

The Plug and Play drivers required for your 1784-PCIC card are included with the RSLinx Classic installation. After installing RSLinx Classic, they can be found at:

C:\Program Files\Rockwell Automation\PCICS

Regards,
George

Last edited:
It's "Plug and Play", or "Plug and Pray"!

When you install the card in the new computer, and BOOT into Windows 7 for the first time with it installed, it should prompt you that it has "Found New Hardware" and attempt to find the correct drivers for the hardware automatically. The success of this automatic driver location and installation can vary widely for different hardware products.

If it does not find the correct drivers automatically, then select to install from a location of your choosing. Browse to the...

C:\Program Files\Rockwell Automation\PCICS

...folder and it should display the driver. OK that and it should take it from there.

Regards,
George

I've had a look and when RSLinx Classic is installed, the "1784-PCIC(S) for ControlNet devices" driver is available from the Configure Drivers list. It has been some years since I've done anything with ControlNet. So I could not quite remember, but had a hunch. Once you have the Plug and Play drivers installed correctly for your card you can then configure this driver to communicate out the card.

You might already know this from looking at the original setup. I'm just shouting this out there to clear the cobwebs, as much as anything else.

Regards,
George