1784 PCMK series A

Derick1

Hi
I just purchased a 1784 PCMK series A card and 1784 PCM5 cable. The PLC 5 processor I want to communicate with has a round 9 pin connector. I have a D shell to round 9 pin adapter for the PCM5 cable. When I attempt to connect to the PLC 5 com port A the Green comm LED starts flashing red. Can a 1784 PCMK series A card connect to a PLC 5 with the round 9 pin connection or must I buy a 1784 PCMK series B card and a 1784 PCM6/B cable? Thank you for taking the time to resond.
Derick

I do not know when the series B is released. I have such a card and used in 1997 on a PLC5. But I can check on monday, if needed.

Could the Channel 1A (the only channel that has that round DH+ access port) port on this PLC-5 be configured for 230.4 kb/s DH+ operation ? The 1784-PCMK/A can only run DH+ at 57.6 kb/s.

The DSUB/MiniDIN adapter, by the way, should have a part number of 1784-CP7.

Check what DH+ address you have your PCMK card set to - it's possible that you may have it set to the same as the PLC. Also is the PLC you are trying to connect to a standalone one or one that is connected to a network ?

Tim.

Hi Ken,

I have a copy of the PLC 5 program and I checked the CH 1A settings offline and it is 57.6k. If it was set for 230.4k should I assume that since the 1784 PCMK series A max baud rate is 57.6 I could not get online?
Thank you!

Hi Tim

Both the laptop and settings and PLC DH+ settings are set for channel 0. (I have a copy of the program offline.) Is it a safe bet to assume that node 66 is a number not used? I will attempt to connect and reply to your post. There are two PLC 5's and an SLC networked but they are setup using RIO on channel 1B.