1784-PKTXD problem

Deer

Hi All,

Quick question....I have a problem after installed 1784-PKTXD on the desktop.
When I configured this PKTXD on the RSLinx, there is a message "The dual port memory of the device is either not at the specified address or is conflicting with another device in your computer".So, RSLinx given an error!
Please advice and thanks in advanced

Deer

Can you find out which device is conflicting with your PKTX:
In Contol Panel ... System ... Device manager, you can see if there are any warnings (triangular warning signs) next to a device.
You could disable the conflicting device if possible.

Alternatively, disable plug-and-play in your computer BIOS. You can then manually assign resources to the PKTX card.

There is THIS from Rockwells Knowledgebase about that error.

Edit: question: when you inserted the PKTX and started the PC for the first time, did the PC go through the "found new hardware" dialog ? And did it end successfully with the driver being installed ?

Last edited:
Thanks Jesper...for your reply, anyway I can't see a triangular warning sign on the device manager.
When I inserted and started PKTXD at the first time, I can see "Found New Hardware" dialog,and there is confirmation that installation was successfull, so I think there is no problem with the instalation.
But... something that I should to do is disable plug and play driver in BIOS.
I will inform to you after I visit again to my customer to set up this PKTXD.