1794-IF8IH Config without HART issue

we got this analog noise on the common + of this card an found it was an HART signal every second. try to cofigure the filter 4.17Hz, on chanel digital filter and also tryed word 1 bits 8 to 15 but it seems that card did'nt take the new parameters. How can we validate or load the new parameter in the IF8IH.
any config mode to activate or cycle power off/on the card?
didn't find info in pdf.

Last edited:
you need to power cycle on/off the 1794-AENT where the IF8IH is connected.
Or you can make a "reset module" of the 1794-AENT with RSLogix.

When the 1794-AENT will boot, the new parameters will take effect.

Note:
If you use a 1794-IF8IH, but connect a standart 4-20mA without Hart protocol on a channe, you need to active the "Hard_Disabled" for the channel (with RSLogix).
Or you can use the filter (but Hart_Disable is better for me ...)

Last edited:
How can we validate or load the new parameter in the IF8IH.
any config mode to activate or cycle power off/on the card?
didn't find info in pdf.

In the ControlLogix HART Analog I/O Modules manual, page 163:

Applying Changes
If the following conditions exist when you click Apply or OK, the information is automatically sent to the controller:

• you are online in Program, Remote Program, or Remote Run mode, and
• this controller is the owner controller, and
• you have changed the module configuration in the software.

The controller tries to send the information to the module (if the module connection is not inhibited). If you do not click OK or Apply, your changes are not sent to the controller.
try to cofigure the filter 4.17Hz, on chanel digital filter and also tryed word 1 bits 8 to 15 but it seems that card did'nt take the new parameters.
I think the analog and digital filters have effect on the analog signal to be internally processed. The HART pulse is still travelling to the instrument.

we got this analog noise on the common + of this card
I don't understand this part. Could you post a diagram showing how you wired the module and the points where you measured?

Is the noise affecting the readings in your PLC? Is it affecting other signals?.