321 ethernet module with 90-30 cpu 311?

unsunghippie

I have 3 GE CPU311's that I would like to tie into Cimplicity PE. I know it is possible via serial connection with SNP multidrop, but will these cpu's support a CMM321? I have heard varying stories, some involving additional modules, firmware rev. level issues, etc. Anyway, is it possible, and what are the requirements?

You will need an IC693CPU311-U (Ver. 5.03) or later, order 44A731233 to update older versions. You could also look into the IC200SET001 Ethernet to Serial adaptor.

Thank You

Thanks much. You guys are great in the GE forum, too. I took a look at the IC200set001, and it looks like the way I would prefer to go, due to limited slots on the backplane. It says it requires rev 8.2 or greater in the CPU311. I assume the upgrade kit mentioned is at least that? I am also curious as to where you find the manuals you quote so often. I haven't been able to find them on the GE websites.