4-20mA transmitter to 1756-IF4FXOF2F

agarb

I am having difficulties getting a 2 wire, 4-20mA temperature transmitter working with a 1756-IF4FXOF2F module. The ControlLogix is always reporting underrange. Can anybody verify that the wiring shown in the .pdf attachment is correct for use with this module? This is my 1st project with analog on a ControlLogix and I don't understand the terminal designations on the module. Why is +IN-1/V jumpered to IN-1/I? Is this just to sense the voltage across an internal dropping resistor?

I had to quit working with the ControlLogix, because we are tearing the system down to ship, but I took the transmitter up to my desk and hooked it up to a MicroLogix and it works correctly.

At this point, I suspect something in my wiring or module configuration. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to put a meter inline with the transmitter back when I had it hooked up to the ControlLogix.

One of the other channels on the 1756 module is connected to a 0-10V transducer and this one is working properly.