5069-L320ER Shows in RS Linx but not FactoryTalk Linx

SandwichMagic

Hey everyone,

Trying to connect to a 5069-L320ER compact logix over USB for the first time. RS Linx Classic can see the controller just fine, but when I try to set a path, Who Active doesn't see the USB connected controller. Using the FactoryTalk Linx browser doesn't help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would suggest you make sure your USB hardware conforms to USB 3.0. In my experience USB 2.0 does not work well, especially with 5069-xx devices. I use to work with no problems with an old L16ER on one particular PC, and when tried to use a 5069-xx that we bought, it would not work properly with that PC.

Hey, Just as an update, This was the first PLC I was trying to connect to on a new computer, I just needed to configure the shortcut using FactoryTalk Administration Console, It started showing up after that. Lots of moving parts with FactoryTalk I am learning of.