5ti Conversion To Slc500

drwahlen

I am upgrading a 5TI to an A-B SLC500. I have a printout of the orig. code but am unfamiliar w/ how a few of the instructions work:

Question #1.: Timers
Sample Code:
STR X50
STR X50
TMR 0 ;(or TMR 1)?
$0
OUT CR14

I need to know what type of timer is this, how does it reset, what is the preset, what are the preset units (secs? millisecs?) and what format is used (ie octal? decimal?), and any other useful info.

Question #2.: Counters
Sample Code:
STR CR1
STR-NOT CR12
CTR 0
$0
OUT CR31

My questions are the same for the counter as the ones I listed above for timers.

Question #3.: JMP Instructions
I am familiar with jumps in other PLC's but I do not see any "Labels" for the JMP to go to. How does this work and how do I know where it is jumping to if there is no label (which there isn't).

Sample Code:
STR X64
AND CR2
JMP 3

Thank you in advance for any help anyone may have to offer.

Talk about a flash back to the old days!

You are really stretching the limits of my poor old fading memory. Your absolute best bet is to locate somebody who has a 5TI manual that has the instruction set in it. This is about all I remember from those first few steps of mine in the world of PLCs back when the 5TI was the hottest thing on the block.
STR X50 is about the same as if in the SLC 500 you were to program a XIC instruction to an input say at I:1/5. The X50 reference is meant to indicate a real input at a terminal marked 50 on the input portion of the sequencer. The second STR X50 seems to make little sense, as each time a STR is executed, it is as if you are starting a new rung from the left power rail or making an branch like using OR STR which puts the instruction in parallel with the previous one.
TMR 0 ;(or TMR 1)? I do not remember the time base of the 5TI timers but would almost bet they were .1sec and nothing else. But that is not conclusive on my part.
#2569 preset maybe
$0 no clue
OUT CR14 this is the output instruction similar to the OTE in the SLC and CR14 is an internal bit like the B3s in SLC500s.

STR CR1 see above
STR-NOT CR12 This is TI speak for XIO
CTR 0 Counter #0
#1028 preset maybe
$0 no clue
OUT CR31 See above

STR X64 same as above
AND CR2 Like saying
----------[X64]------------[CR2]---------------

JMP 3 that is a jump command to a label number 3 but not sure how that gets implemented

I hope this helps a little but you really need a book!

Check here too.

I'm not familiar with these either, but, as Randy stated, two STRs in a row would normally require an OR STR. Although, since these are timers and counters, it may be that the timers/counters require two inputs... :confused:

| X50 +-------------+
|----] [--------------| IN |
| | TMR 0 |
| | Preset 2569 |
| X50 | |
|----] [--------------| RST |
| +-------------+

| CR1 +-------------+
|----] [--------------| IN |
| | CTR 0 |
| | Preset 1028 |
| CR12 | |
|----] [--------------| RST |
+-------------+

The duplicated X50 for the timer looks weird though... :unsure:

Just a guess, but the $0 may be the counter/timer's current accumulated value... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric