5TI Sequencer covert to S7

Ken

Thanks for the info. That's brilliant because I'm now half way through translating the code and I presumed that the X100 and Y117 were just dummies.

As you say though, a dangerous technique if extra I/O was added a later date.

There's another question that has arisen since my last post also.

There is a lot of code that seems to be recursive such as...

CR89            CR90
--| |-----------( )

CR88 CR89
--| |-----------( )

CR87 CR88
--| |-----------( )

Am I right in assuming that this sort of code was just using the PLC's scan cycle as some sort of primitive time delay ??

5T1 Conversion

We also try to convert 5T1 system to PLC, but we do not know a suitable
PLC to replace the old system. We don't have the documentation either.
This 5T1 equipped with Texas Instrument 6MT system consisting :

1. 6MT11-AO5L Input modules
2. 6MT12-4OAL Output modules
3. 6MT31 Input Logic Interface modules
4. 6MT32 Output Logic Interface modules

We only have schematic diagram, and process logic chart.
We need the 6MT Input/Output modules power rating specification.

Does anybody can assist we what kind of PLC that suitable to replace 5T1 system ? How to find out ladder diagram inside 5T1 ?

Thank You
Best Regards

To backup up 5TI program

What is available to backup 5TI program

A hand held? or VPU?

What did it take to do this?

Thanks

yopy_yogie said:
We also try to convert 5T1 system to PLC, but we do not know a suitable
PLC to replace the old system. We don't have the documentation either.
This 5T1 equipped with Texas Instrument 6MT system consisting :

1. 6MT11-AO5L Input modules
2. 6MT12-4OAL Output modules
3. 6MT31 Input Logic Interface modules
4. 6MT32 Output Logic Interface modules

We only have schematic diagram, and process logic chart.
We need the 6MT Input/Output modules power rating specification.

Does anybody can assist we what kind of PLC that suitable to replace 5T1 system ? How to find out ladder diagram inside 5T1 ?

Thank You
Best Regards

First thing would be to get the program out of the Processor. The only thing I know of that can do that is a TI VPU200.

These guys still suport 5TI's so they may be able to rent or loan you a VPU. They also have info on the old cards

http://www.sterlingservices.com/

As far as replacement goes a 5TI was a VERY basic PLC, so about anything on the market now would probably work.

Johnny T said:
Ken

Thanks for the info. That's brilliant because I'm now half way through translating the code and I presumed that the X100 and Y117 were just dummies.

As you say though, a dangerous technique if extra I/O was added a later date.

There's another question that has arisen since my last post also.

There is a lot of code that seems to be recursive such as...

CR89 CR90
--| |-----------( )

CR88 CR89
--| |-----------( )

CR87 CR88
--| |-----------( )

Am I right in assuming that this sort of code was just using the PLC's scan cycle as some sort of primitive time delay ??

You got it. Add bits you add time.

Back then you had to be real creative to get things done. I will have to find it but I have some pictures around here somewhere where a 5TI was tied into a custom HMI. THe HMI had LED level indicators, Thumbwheels and a bank of on off switches.
The OEM that built this beast even built a custom rack to hold the cards.
Now that's determination...lol

Hi Johnny T

Be aware, that's used like a shiftregister, I think you find a JMP instruction in front of these networks. There's an One Shot so the Jmp is just open for one scan, the the next bit in the Shiftregister is triggered.

Cheers Steffen