984-680 Modicon Processor Password Retreval

Jabbercocky

I need to work on a Modicon PLC but some twit has pasword protected it and I am locked out! Does anyone know how to retreive a password from the processor or any other way to get into the system?
Any help most appreciated!:geek:

OZEE said:
We don't discuss password hacking here. Contact your Modicon tech support.
I never mentioned Hacking anything.
What about reseting the system and re-installing the software. would this work? Or am I snookered without the password?

What Modicon software are you using?
Wondering whether its a security issue with the PLC or with the software. I don't recall the 984 having a password in the PLC itself, then again I try to remember as little as possible about 984s. But if its the PLC then clearing and reloading should work, but if its a feature of the software, for example PLCWorkshop for Modicon password protects access to functions in the software such as the ability to save or download, not just the PLC program itself, in which case you would be screwed if you erased the PLC program.

Last edited:
Alaric is correct in one respect.... there's certainly no way to password protect access (when using Modsoft anyway)...but the -680 CPU had a MEMORY PROTECT keyswitch - are you sure it's in the OFF position?