a little direction please

harvniu

I was wondering if someone could help me by pointing me in the right direction as far as a problem I have. I am using Prologix Simulator and have to program a way to:

Time when a sensor is activated and depending on how long it is activated determines where this "package" is going (diverter)

Harvniu,

What PLC brand and model of PLC does your Prologix Simulator emulate? (All PLCs do not have the same instructions).

Do you have or can you make a sketch of your package conveyor, sensor, and diverter? With a good sketch, showing distance AND time needed for package to travel from sensor to diverter, then it should be solvable.

It simulates AB Micrologix. The timer is:less than 2 sec. represents a narrow package and 2 sec. to 5 sec. represents a wide package.

I originally put a RTO in there with some compare functions but have trouble resetting the timer when the sensor is not activated. I'm probably going the wrong route with that.

Thank you

So you have two package sizes to detect, Narrow and Wide.

1. Use a RTO timer T4:0 with a time base of 0.01. (2 seconds = "200"). Set your Preset Timer Value to "600".
When package is past the sensor, stop timer. (If you trigger timer with sensor ON, then the timer will stop automatically).
2. Use a Comparison Instruction: If timer T4:0/ACC is < 200, OTL B3:0/0 "NARROW PACKAGE".
3. If timer T4:0/ACC is >= 200, OTL B3:0/1 "WIDE PACKAGE".
4. When B3:0/0 or B3:0/1 is ON, then reset T4:0.
5. Now you finish the logic by adding the diverter output, a timer to control the diverter duration, a sensor that shows WHEN package arrrives at the diverter, and 2 OTU instructions to unlatch the NARROW PACKAGE or WIDE PACKGE bits when the Diverter Timer DN bit goes ON.
6. Your next assignment will involve 2 or more different-sized packages on the conveyor at the same time. How will you be able to track the size of each one as it arrives at the diverter? Start thinking about that future assignment now, so you will not be surprised later!

PACKAGE DETECTOR- AB MICROLOGIX.jpg

Last edited: