A little help required with a bit of S5 logic

PLucas

Guys,

I am after a bit of confirmation as to what a bit of logic does.

I am in the middle of making some changes to the logic on one of our cranes, the logic is all annotated in German, which doesn't help me as I don't speak a word of German, to make matters worse the FB I am looking at has no annotation what so ever!!

Here's the code:-

:AN I 0.6
:A F63.1
:= F63.0
:A F63.0
:R F63.1
:A I 0.6
:S F63.1
:A F63.0
:S Q 1.2
:A Q 1.2
:L KT005.1
:SD T130
:A T130
:R Q 1.2

I think that the first seven lines (up to and including S F63.1) is a negative edge detection one shot of I0.6, the rest of the logic will turn output 1.2 (Q1.2) on for 0.5 seconds as governed by T130 when F60.0 is true (I0.6 has gone off)

I do not have access to a PLC available to try this on at the moment, not even an S7. If someone would be so kind and confirm that what I think it does is right I would be grateful.

Paul

Paul,

I think you're thinking correctly. Althoug the negative edge detection looks somewhat funny to me. Normally I would program a negative edge like this:

:AN I 0.6
:A F63.1
:= F63.0
:A I 6.0
:= F63.1

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Jean Pierre,

Like you I don't program negative edge detection like that either, but I couldn't see what else it could do, which is another reason why I wanted someone to confirm what the logic does.

It was the first 3 lines that made me think it was for negative edge detection.

Paul

If it would help, Paul, post the code with the comments and I'll give you a rough translation. (It'll be rough because I've only worked with PLCs in German, so sometimes I don't know the English terms.)

RMA said:
If it would help, Paul, post the code with the comments and I'll give you a rough translation.

Thanks for the kind offer Roy, but as I have stated above:-

PLucas said:
the FB I am looking at has no annotation what so ever

So there's nothing for you to translate on this occasion, but I might take you up on that offer in the future. Jean Pierre was kind enough to translate a block from this crane a few years ago for me, since then I haven't really had any need to have anything translated, I have managed to work out the logic myself without the useful aid of good annotation.

Paul