AB 1746 INT4 programming example

del0422

Hello everyone. This is my first time to post a question in this forum. I would like to seek your help on how i can create program on a SLC500 cpu with a 1746 INT4 thermocouple input. I want to create a simple temperature monitoring system. I am using a type J thermocouple input.

Thanks in advance to those who can give me inputs.

Hello nhatsen

Thank you for your reply. I have read this manual but since i am new in this its hard for me to comprehend. I did not have a formal training so to speak that is why i am asking for a sample program to guide me.

Your question is quite vague, and as a result, you have been given an equally vague answer. You will get a lot more replies on your thread (and a lot more detailed help) if you can give some more detail about what the system is intended to do, and to show some progress, and explain where you're stuck. People here are willing to help people that are making an effort.

First of all, write down a detailed description of how you want your system to operate.
Next, document all of your required inputs and outputs.
Then, create your program and add the required hardware configuration (SLC CPU and 1746-INT4, plus any other input and output cards you identified in the last step).
Finally, have a think about how you might go about writing code to achieve the operation you described in step one. Make an attempt - even if you're really unsure, just try something. Post what you have, with some specific questions, and you'll likely get a lot more specific help.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Sorry for that. It is my first time posting so i do not know how to write it properly. Thank you for the suggestion.

Also i am not a programmer. Just learning to do how. I did not have a formal training on PLC programming. I just do a lot of reading and testing it on the units that i have.

The project i am creating is a simple temperature monitoring system using SLC5/02 cpu and for I/O a 1746 INT4 thermocouple input. The measuring device will be a type J thermocouple. The temperature read will then be showed by an HMI.

Honestly i just search the internet on what I/O card can be connected with a type j thermocouple and with SLC 5/02 CPU. So basically i do not have any experience on how to configure this cards and how to create a program with it.

That is why i am asking for a sample program that they use this cards so i can get an idea.

See attached

Edit: I added the first scan bit to previously posted file.

Last edited:
it looks like Mickey already config type J for you. Now move data to somewhere and do the monitoring like you want. see below

1746_INT_Config.gif

it looks like Mickey already config type J for you. Now move data to somewhere and do the monitoring like you want. see below

1746_INT_Config.gif

Curious, why did you convert it (the data) to "BCD"?

Also I added a first scan bit to file above.

Last edited: