AB 1746-NT4 thermocouple card

lakesidemike

I'm having problems understanding the ladder logic for the 1746-NT4 thermocouple card. The desired program is a simple one that turns an output on and off to control temperature. Does anybody have an example they would be willing to share?

Thanks
LakesideMike

Last edited:
Greetings Mike,

first of all, welcome to the forum ...

next ... this doesn’t sound like a student project (it isn’t is it?) ... even if it is, then we’d still be glad to help ... and if it’s not, then we’ll even write the code for you if you like ... but either way, we need more information to work on ...

can you zip up your .RSS program and post it for us? ... even if you don’t have ANY rungs written yet, the program will still help by identifying your I/O layout ...

this link will show you how to post the program ...

plus you’ll need to tell us exactly what type of thermocouple you’re using (J, K, T, etc.) ... and what temperature (in degrees F or C) do you want to use for your target? ... and how many of the channels are you planning to use? ...

for safety considerations: if the thermocouple were to break someday, would you want the heater control to go “full off” (that’s the common arrangement) or to go “full on”? (that would be highly unusual but I thought I’d go ahead and ask) ...

I’ll assume (gosh I hate that word) that you’ve already read the:

1746-NT4 User Manual

and that you’ve taken a good look at the ladder logic examples in chapters 6 and 8 ... if you haven’t already done this, then give it a try ... but if you need help, give us the information I’ve requested above and we’ll see what we can come up with ...

GEE this is the next step in my learning but I'm using a Direct Logic 205 with a 260CPU and a 6 Inch easy touch screen. And no I have not read up on it yeat but got to do it anyway.

This is going to be a big task for me with 12 T/C and a 6" screen.

I haven't even started on the program yeat.

Rich,
Why did you post an AD question under a SLC topic?

You will get a better response if you start a new thread with AD in the header.

Something like: Help with DL 205 and thermocouples.

Ken