AB 1756-L62 series B Controller Losing Prog

Phil13756

Hi
We have a problem with an AB Logix 5000 controller losing its program. We have replaced the battery and now we have also replaced the controller but we still have this intermittent problem.Does anyone have any ideas? Also what is the difference between series A and B?

I would suggest that if your controllers are not redundant you have the option of saving the program to non -volatile memory. that should soving not losing the program but obviousily what causes this to happen is wht you need to eliminate, cos that is the real problem

Thanks for the help I have replaced the controller now and the program seems to be holding, for now! I will certainly have to look configuring to save to non-volatile memory. I am intrested the possibility that the Controller could be under a recall. Where would I find this out? Also I noted before I removed the old controller that I wa unable to update the firmware.Any Ideas?
:unsure:

Best thing to do is go on the knowledgebase and search for "Controllogix losing program". You can also contact your AB rep. and see if they can help you. Here is one tech note:

Answer ID: 40149

Many Thanks for your help I checked ours against the Tech Note you gave and we tick all the boxes so hopefully we should get a replacement.
Thanks Again :geek: