AB CompactLogix L36ERM taking a long time to download

CJlikesCHAIRS

I have a new L36ERM PLC and the download is taking forever. I'm talking upwards of 3-4 minutes download, which normally takes ~10 seconds? All day yesterday and also today have been super slow to download. I work with CompactLogix frequently and have never encountered this before.

Should I be concerned?

I am using Ethernet, and online edits are fine. The program isn't anything abnormally large either, just about my average size.

I am using Ethernet, and online edits are fine. The program isn't anything abnormally large either, just about my average size.

Are you using V20 or V21 or above?

If your using V21 or above see if your downloading the project documentation or not. If your downloading the project documentation it takes a lot longer than if your have that disabled.

I am using Ethernet, and online edits are fine.
I found a similar behavior in a ControlLogix system. The problem was another device in the network; for any reason was messing with the RSLinx communications.

Some questions:

a) Are you connecting point-to-point your PC and the PLC? Are you using any kind of switch?
b) Did you try using the USB driver?

I am using a 4 point switch, with my PLC, a PV+7, laptop, and a desktop ( all have been together before using the same switch for other tests). I have no tried a USB connection yet, I will give it a try next time I have to download and see if it takes as long.

Edit: spelling