CompactLogix L36ERM

tjntjntjn

Hi there,

Just a quick question. I have CompactLogix controller L36ERM that gives me energy storage fault. Controller is running fine. However, I don't see any battery on the side, so before I start taking it apart to get inside I'd like to ask if there is any battery inside that can be replaced?

Thanks

There are multiple reasons why you are getting this fault.
There are Technotes in the knowledge base that may apply to your specific issue.
However, most of them have “Techconnect” access level and can’t be posted here. If you.have Techconnect then search for “Energy Storage Fault”
First, check to make sure there is no check box set under the minor fault tab.

Thanks.
Fortunately for me I do have TechConnect. However, the answer I found was not what I was looking for.

Usually this fault is seen when the ESM is missing or needs to be replaced. Only two options.

Or the checkbox is checked on the minor fault tab in Controller Properties, as contr_conn mentioned. The module is not removable or replaceable for CompactLogix.