AB Ethernet/IP ENBT Card to communicate with Mitsubishi A8NEIP_2P

nbharj

Hello,
I have a mitsubishi A800 drive with A8NEIP_2P that I'm trying to communicate with AB Ethernet/IP Card 1756 ENBT/A. I have everything setup according to the manual. I'm getting a connection timeout error, fault code 16#0203.

I can ping both the cards and access the web pages.

According to this manual, the A8NEIP_2P is an HMS Networks module.
So it should have MOD STS and NET STS lamps as most HSM modules I know provide the standard LEDs for the network they are supposed to support (but I am not 100% sure if "this one" in particular does). In EtherNet/IP and other CIP networks such as DeviceNet and ControlNet, the specification of the MOD STS and NET STS lamps is standardized. If you can describe the behaviors of those lamps it would add valuable diagnostics information.
https://dl.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/dl/fa/document/catalog/inv/l06049/l06049k.pdf

2022-03-04_MITSUBISHI.png

Heyy,
The two lamps are green and constantly blinking. I'll try the molex tool to see what outcome I get.

Also, while trying to go online with the PLC the Vfd shows an option1 error.

Do these lamps have the Module Status (MS) and Net Status (NS) label?
If MS is solid green it means the module is ready for communication and has a valid IP address. If the NS is flashing green, the scanner does not have correct parameters that correspond to the actual configuration of the Mtisubishi adapter, because NS means the scanner has not established cyclic communication with the adapter.

Hey Alfredo,
It works now, I tried with a different AB Ethernet/IP card with a newer firmware. Not sure if it was the card or firmware revision.