AB micrologix/SLC500 software Q?

fmichael

Trying to understand how to add Bit addressing 9-255 in the data base. B3 is all used up, and I need to add additional bit files for some sequencing steps that are required. Novice here, appreciate all answers. :p

In the tree at the left when you are offline right click the data files folder and left click New and go from there

Unless it's a MicroLogix 1000 model. Those have only the default Data Files and you cannot create more.

Check through Data File B3 with the "Usage" option to see if there are large groups of words or bits that have been skipped over. Many programmers use B3:10, 20, 30, etc. for simplicity but end up wasting lots of memory space as a result.

If you are using a MicroLogix 1200 or 1500 model controller, Vetteboy is right on.

From project tree-->right click data files --->click New ---> fill file number ---->choose file type---->add element number as many that you want need.

:p :cool: :rolleyes: