Slc500/ micrologix

alex_cordova

Ok, i have micrologix and slc 500/04 processor

i want to connect them to a server and comunicate with them and modify programs

so if i get an 1761 net eniw , can i do this with this modual
one for each or,

just buy the right cables, which for slc 500 it has a program terminal the round one , and it has rs232 serial,

and the micrologix 1500 has that round one,

so do i just buy the right cables or the 1761 net eni??

I do not want to spend 600-1000 dollars to buy slc 500/05
and another card for the micrologix 1500, so tell me

You can use one or the other 1761-NET-ENI or the 1761-NET-ENIW. The difference is the ENIW has web-serving capabilities. You will need one for each processor.
And at least one Ethernet hub/switch depending on how far apart the devices are.

The SLC5/04's round port is a DH+ port( not just a programming port). The above devices connect to the processors serial port.

See PDF below for the proper cables.

Also a link to the manual

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1761-um006_-en-p.pdf

Last edited: