AB Pico Controller

resistorboy23

I have a PICO (1760-L12AWA-ND) in operation at a customer's site. They want a backup of the program. Does anyone know if uploading the program to my PC will interrupt the operation of a PICO controller?

I don't want to accidentally shut anything down.

Thanks.

1st of all , I have no direct knowledge of this controller. Having said that, there is a Memory Module available that can backup/store the program and the user manual says you will have to Stop the controller to transfer the program. Many PLCs program can be saved to a computer while online (download) without stopping the controller. If you wish to transfer a program on your computer to the controller (upload), most controllers must be switched to program mode which will require stopping the controller during that time.