AB PLC-5 Demo Software?

StuartH

Hello,
I need to take a look at a project for a Bradley PLC-5.
Apparently no RSlogix5 demo software is availible and the package is a whopping 2,400 list price!
Does anyone know if there is another way of just looking at the code. Can it be opened with RSlogix500?
Failing that, Is there a print to file option in RSlogix5 so that I can send the project to some1 with the software and they can send me back a PDF file? At least i would then be able to take a look.
Any help appreciated

Cheers,
I have attatched the project.
If anyone can print this to pdf for me id be very very grateful.

Last edited:
Hi Again,

I have looked at the code and found out what I needed to know. Much appreciated. But since I dont have much experience with bradley (Mostly siemens) I have downloaded the RSLogix Starter package just so that I can see how to perform basic functions offline. Is this package going to be similar in layout the Rslogix 5?
I will be using the customers laptop when on-site so its just to get accustomed to the interface.

Stuart,

You will likely find that the starter will not do some functions like online editing. You may have to do offline edits and then do downloads to the PLC and then go online to observe.

Also, if you buy some equipment, tell the AB guys that you want to do a package price on the hardware and a software upgrade. Run this through the local venders' Rockwell Software Manager. This has been known to turn starter packages into full blown ones magically, if you know what I mean!

Best Regards,

Bob A.

StuartH said:
Hi Again,

I have looked at the code and found out what I needed to know. Much appreciated. But since I dont have much experience with bradley (Mostly siemens) I have downloaded the RSLogix Starter package just so that I can see how to perform basic functions offline. Is this package going to be similar in layout the Rslogix 5?
I will be using the customers laptop when on-site so its just to get accustomed to the interface.
Talk to your AB rep. We have had them install 30 day trial software for new engineers in the past.

StuartH said:
I have downloaded the RSLogix Starter package just so that I can see how to perform basic functions offline. .

I know you said that you have already down loaded RSLogix Starter but HERE is more info on RSLinx as well with AB you need a communication software.

If you want to buy a PLC to work with that software then get an MicroLogix 1000 1761-L10xxx the software that you have downloaded will work with the 10pt PLC's if you buy an used one make sure that its an series F.

As far as the limitations... all of the 1000 series are somewhat limited, you can still see and read the help sections about the functions.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=33740

Addressing of a PLC/5, particularly IO addressing, is different from SLC500 and MicroLogix PLCs. The PLC/5 also has a generally more powerful instruction set that the SLCs and Micros.

I recommend you download the PLC5 manuals from AB's literature library.

PLC/5 addressing manual: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/5000-rm002_-en-p.pdf

PLC/5 instruction set reference manual:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1785-rm001_-en-p.pdf