AB PLC 5 Faulted Processor.

AGENTTINFOIL

I have a PLC 5 that has a faulted processor, can some one tell me how to see why it is faulted and how to reset the fault? I have not messed with a PLC 5 yet and I am alittle lost on this. Any help I appreciate

Which processor do you have, Chassic or Enhanced. The Enhanced has a serial port ( PLC5/11, PLC5/20, PLC5/30, PLC5/40,60 80). If enhanced then use the DF1 driver in RSLinx with a null modem cable and go online. Once online look at processor status then the error tab to see what the fault is.
If you have the chassic series PLC5/10,15,25 then you will need to get online thru the DH+ port.( need PCMCK card, KTX card KF2 to connect to DH+) then online.

To explain the events this morning, someone in production drenched a cabinet and burnt a power supply up. We replaced the power supply after drying the cabinet out and brought everything back up. when we did the PLC had a fault, once I was able to get on line with the processor I relized that there was no program in memory. I downloaded the code and we are back in buisness. It appears to me that the battery is dead and it is time to replace it. I was wondering why I could not see the processor on the network and now I know. Thanks for the help Mickey

At my previous employer, we had five PLC5 panels get flooded with rain water during a huge storm. The machine operators just kept right on running the machines until they would not run anymore. No one turned of the power to any of the panels. The roof was leaking so badly, it looked like it was raining inside the plant. The plant had just been expanded and the new roof was not properly flashed where it met the old north wall...right above all my equipment control panels... Natuarally there were dozens of conduit knock outs on the top of these panels, and some of them were uncovered.

When I got called in about 7pm, they had all the doors open and the power off and we dried them all out with compressed air. We pulled the cards out of the racks and hosed the works down with contact cleaner. After that evaporated, we fired them right back up.

All of the PLC5-30 processors came back to life once they were dried, and 2 of them returned to a default state and had to be reloaded. We did lose 3 triac output card fuses and 5 or 6 1391 digital servo drives. The power supplies, the analog cards, AC and DC I/O cards all survived very well somehow.

I was very impressed that the PLC5 could handle that kind of abuse and keep on ticking.