AB PLC interchanging data with servers

biskvito

Hi, does anyone know how to communicate an Allen Bradley PLC with a Server to interchange data like values of variables, databases, etc?

I need to do this in order to make a program developed in RSLOGIX5000 interact with a program maybe developed in C++, Visual Basic, or another language; Making them interchanging numeric, string or floating values.

thanks in advance.

Yeps - RSLinx (any version besides Lite) or KepServerEX will be your "OPC Server" - basically a hardware driver with an API. Your application will be the "OPC Client", putting in read/write requests. The OPC Foundation and other organizations have sample code, although getting started isn't the most straightforward thing.

OLE for Process conrol aka OPC

Similar Topics

Hi all, looking to model old RR relays in PLC. Does anyone have any SPECIFIC examples on how to model a relay such as a polar relay, slow pickup...
Replies
Views
HelloI need software to download the program from PLC EH-A28DRP from an old machine whose manufacturer does not exist. It may be Ladder Editor for...
Replies
Views
HI everyone, i am new to Siemens plc programming and i am in need of some help. yesterday we had an S7-1200 CPU 1214C fail to turn on an output to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a Mitsubishi FX3G 14M PLC and a E615 HMI from Mitsubishi/Beijer. I'm using GXWorks 2 to do the programming and I have no problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to import a Rockwell/AB EDS to Beckhoff but I'm not sure how to import/install the EDS. It is a PowerFlex 525 EDS. Is there a way...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom