AB PLC/RSLinx to connect to Stridelinx VPN Router

MTPLCUSER

I am trying to setup a remote connection to a compactlogix plc using a stridelinx vpn router. I currently have a cmore hmi working thru the vpn router using the guides on automation direct. Im assuming I would use the same setup for the plc, except I cannot get rslinx to use the local area connection with the TAP Windows adapter like the cmore hmi uses. Does anybody have any guidance on this?

Just to be more clear, the HOLLIS driver shown in my screen shot is the RSLinx Ethernet Devices driver (I have a couple dozen of that driver type configured in RSLinx and I name each of them for the customer location).

And I was connected through a Stridelinx router with the VPN Connection enabled on the router. The Compactlogix CPU I was working with is running version 24.11 and I was able to get online and perform an upload of the logic and data. I did not need to make any edits.

Your thread reminded me that I forgot to make a backup of that PLC while I was on site last week and I had never used the Stridelinx with Studio 5000 so I needed to test that out to ensure my advice would actually work in real life. It did work in my case.

OkiePC - How much data do you recommend having for each go online/download changes session with AT&T using Stridelinx? Im assuming the data usage is more than just the size of the program?

I did get it to work. After I got Stridelinx to connect, my PC ended up just using the correct ethernet port. However, when I use Who Active and browse the connection, it does not show it as available for some reason? I just happened to try and go online with my program and it worked.