Ab Pmd 450

jimtech67

I need to convert an old Allen Bradley PMD 450 to a PV 1000. I was wondering if anyone had link to some PMD 450 literature or software. I looked on the AB site and could not find anything. It is getting late and past he regular hours for AB Tech support. I will try them tomorrow. Should be a fun conversion.

GO JETS

I've only worked with A-B hardware for about 10 years, and I have never heard of something called a "PMD 450".

What is it ? What does it look like ?

Good call, Rick. The datasheet I found with that hint says that the PMD 450 is the PMD400 with an A-B RIO interface built onto it. I see how it could be mistaken for an A-B product because of it's similar appearance to the DataLiners with similar interfaces. I don't think they're actually related, but stranger things have happened.

The modern InView displays will give you the same kind of form factor and display, but I agree that a PanelView Standard would provide a lot more functionality.

Thanks for the feedback. I just assumed about the brand of the interface. The drawings show no indication of the brand. Ken you are right about the RIO. Any other info will be appreciated.

GO JETS

Just an update

After finding out what a PMD 450 really was (thanks Rick) I found Uticor and they are e-mailing me software for free. 2 versions an old DOS version and a windows based version. You gotta love it

GO JETS